This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Lemon Truffle Pie
A cream cheese and white chocolate base with a tart lemon topping.
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust, baked and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and flour in a heavy saucepan. Using a wire whisk,
stir in water until smooth. Cook this mixture over medium heat until boiling,
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir about 1/4 cup of cooked mixture into egg
yolks and blend. Return egg yolk mixture to saucepan and cook 2 more minutes,
stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon juice.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of the cooked lemon filling to a small bowl with the white
chocolate chips. Set remaining lemon filling aside.
- Microwave the chip mixture on LOW for 1-2 minutes or until chips are melted,
stirring until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese and add vanilla chip-lemon filling mixture and beat well.
Spread over cooled crust. Spoon lemon mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours to set.
Yield: 8 servings