This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Low Fat Carrot Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 large egg whites
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9 x 13-inch baking pan with foil. Coat
with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves
- Beat sugar, pineapple, oil and vanilla extract in mixer bowl until smooth.
Beat in dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in carrots.
- Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl to form stiff peaks; fold into carrot
mixture in 2 batches with rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean; cool in pan on wire rack.
- Invert cake onto wax paper; remove pan and foil.