Manna Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs,
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups chopped bananas
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well a 9 x 13-inch cake pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add eggs and oil
and stir until just moistened. Stir in the vanilla extract, pineapple, pecans
and bananas. Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes; cool for 15 minutes.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat together the cream cheese, butter, confectioners'
sugar and vanilla extract; smooth evenly over cake.
- Sprinkle pecan pieces over top.
Two round 9-inch pans may be used for a double-decker cake. Bake for 35 minutes
instead of 55. Make double amount of Cream Cheese Frosting.