Mocha Angel Pie
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon
cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 4 ounces Hershey's milk chocolate
- 3 tablespoons
hot strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint heavy cream, whipped
- Meringue Shell: Beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt and cream of tartar.
Beat until soft peaks are formed. Add sugar slowly. Continue to beat until very
stiff. Fold in nuts and vanilla extract.
- Put into well-greased glass pie pan and bake at 300 degrees F for 55 minutes.
- Filling: Melt chocolate in double boiler. Cool.
- Add coffee and vanilla extract. Fold in whipped cream.
- Fill meringue shell and chill several hours or overnight.
- Garnish with shaved dark chocolate.
Serves 6 to 8.
May be prepared several days ahead.