Pineapple Pound Cake
- 1 cup solid white shortening
- 2 sticks butter
3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple,
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup crushed pineapple,
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Cake: Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- Cream shortening, butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well
after each addition.
- Sift flour with baking powder. Add to mixture with milk. Add vanilla extract
and pineapple. Pour into prepared pan.
- Place in cold oven, and set oven at 325 degrees F. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Let stand a few minutes and turn out. Pour glaze over while hot.
- Glaze: Combine ingredients and pour over hot cake.
>> Mother's Day Dessert Recipes
>> All Mother's Day Recipes