Strawberry Margarita Sorbet
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled or 1 (20 ounce)
bag frozen whole strawberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup fresh lime
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
mint sprigs, for garnish
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat; cook,
stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in
lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, and sugar syrup. Refrigerate until cold.
- Freeze in an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
(Or pour mixture into a 13 x 9-inch pan and freeze until almost solid, 5 hours,
stirring with a whisk every 1 1/2 hours. Refreeze.)
Makes 6 cups.
Nutritional facts per serving: calories 125, total fat 0g, saturated fat
0g, cholesterol 0mg, sodium 1mg, carbohydrate 24g, protein 0g