- 2 (8 ounce) packages Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen light whipped topping, defrosted
- 1 cup strong
coffee, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1 1/2 pint baskets California strawberries (18 ounces total), stemmed and sliced
- 24 ladyfingers, split in half
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened
- In large mixer bowl, beat Neufchatel cheese and powdered sugar until well
blended. Gradually fold in whipped topping to blend.
- In small bowl, combine coffee and liqueur, if desired.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish with enough ladyfinger halves to cover
bottom; place rounded sides down. If necessary, cut ladyfingers to fit dish.
Spoon 1/3 cup coffee mixture evenly over ladyfingers. Top with one-third of
the cheese mixture (about one cup) and spread evenly. Layer one-third of the
strawberries (1 rounded cup) over cheese. Repeat layers two more times, ending
with cheese and reserving remaining strawberries. Cover and refrigerate tiramisu
and reserved strawberries at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, remove cover; sift cocoa powder over top. Arrange reserved strawberries
over cocoa. Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 servings
Reprinted with permission from
the California Strawberry Commission.