Springtime Leg of Lamb
- 1 (6 pound) leg of lamb, well trimmed
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 20 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 20 small sprigs fresh sage
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- With the point of a small, sharp knife, make thin, deep slits all over the
leg of lamb; insert the garlic slivers and herb sprigs into the slits.
- Drizzle the leg of lamb with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Let it marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the leg of lamb on a rack set in a roasting pan, and bake for one
- Remove from oven and let stand for ten minutes before carving.
>> MOTHER'S DAY RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.