Springtime Leg of Lamb
- 1 (6 pound) leg of lamb, well trimmed
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 20 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 20 small sprigs fresh sage
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- With the point of a small, sharp knife, make thin, deep slits all over the
leg of lamb; insert the garlic slivers and herb sprigs into the slits.
- Drizzle the leg of lamb with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Let it marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the leg of lamb on a rack set in a roasting pan, and bake for one
- Remove from oven and let stand for ten minutes before carving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.