Mother's Day Recipes
Layered Raspberry Salad
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed, reserve juice
- 1 (7 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, reserve juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry flavor gelatin dessert
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup broken pecans
- Combine reserved juices from fruits and enough water to make 1 3/4 cups of liquid. Heat to boiling; pour over gelatine. Stir to dissolve; cool until partially set. Add raspberries. Pour into oiled ring mold; chill until set.
- For cheese layer, soak gelatin in cold water. Dissolve over hot water; cool. Cream cheese in small bowl of mixer at low speed.
- Add whipping cream; beat at high speed until stiff. Fold in sugar. Add cooled gelatine to pineapple; fold into whipped cream mixture. Add nuts. Pour on top of raspberry layer in mold. Refrigerate until firm.