Mother's Day Recipes
Pina Colada Molded Salad
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Pineapple chunks and shredded coconut (optional)
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice; set the pineapple aside.
- In saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatine is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cream of coconut, sour cream, lemon-lime soda and reserved pineapple juice. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in flaked coconut, nuts and reserved pineapple. Pour into a 6 cup ring mold coated with nonstick spray. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- To serve, unmold onto a platter. Fill the center with pineapple chunks and coconut if desired.
Source: Country Woman magazine, May/June 2006