Mother's Day Recipes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon dried, minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup blanched, slivered almonds
- Whisk together sugar, oil, vinegar, sesame seed, poppy seed, onion, paprika and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl.
- Cover and chill for one hour.
- Combine spinach, strawberries and almonds in a large bowl; pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.