- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking soda
- 2 level teaspoons salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 2 to 4 tablespoons warm water
- 12 ounces mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to mix the two sugars and shortening. When creamy add the
vanilla extract, salt and egg white. Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time, adding a tablespoon
of warm water as necessary to mix the flour - don't exceed 4 tablespoons of
water - this will make a firm dough. Mix in chocolate chips. As the dough gets thicker
you may want to mix by hand. Roll into 2-inch balls and press down with the palm
of the hand to flatten.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.