Claussen Kosher Dill Pickles
- 1 1/2 quarts boiled water, cooled
- 2 dill flowers
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 1/4 pounds (8 to 10) pickling cucumbers
- 6 long sprigs fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Put dill flower and garlic in bottom of a Mason jar. Add the cucumbers. Put sprigs
of dill in center of cucumbers. Add salt and vinegar, then fill jar with boiled
water that is now cool to within 1/8th of top. Put on seal and ring. Shake to dissolve
salt. Set upside down on counter away from sunlight and heat.
- Let sit 4 to 5 days
turning the jar either upright or upside down each day.
- Let sit upright 2 more days, then refrigerate.
Lasts about 6 months.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.