- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk, chilled
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn or safflower
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Pour evaporated milk into a shallow tray, bowl or ice cube trays and place in
the freezer until crystals begin to form around the edges.
- While the milk is chilling, combine the gelatin and water in a dish, without
stirring. Place the dish in a small saucepan or dish containing hot water and let
stand until the gelatin dissolves - about 5 minutes. Remove dish from the hot water,
stir the gelatin and allow to cool.
- Beat the milk in a medium size bowl until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the
sugar, oil, and then gelatin mixture. Continue beating until stiff peaks form again.
Cover and place in freezer for 10 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator. The mixture
will become very stiff.
- Before serving, stir to soften.
Will keep 3 days covered in refrigerator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Name Brand Recipes