- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk, chilled
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn or safflower
- Pour evaporated milk into a shallow tray, bowl or ice cube trays and place in
the freezer until crystals begin to form around the edges.
- While the milk is chilling, combine the gelatin and water in a dish, without
stirring. Place the dish in a small saucepan or dish containing hot water and let
stand until the gelatin dissolves - about 5 minutes. Remove dish from the hot water,
stir the gelatin and allow to cool.
- Beat the milk in a medium size bowl until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the
sugar, oil, and then gelatin mixture. Continue beating until stiff peaks form again.
Cover and place in freezer for 10 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator. The mixture
will become very stiff.
- Before serving, stir to soften.
Will keep 3 days covered in refrigerator.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.