Entenmann's Apple Crumb Cake
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- 1/3 cup currants
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package
active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners'
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt butter in large skillet. Pare, core and slice apples to 1/2-inch pieces.
Add apples to butter and cook, stirring, 8 minutes until tender.
- Stir in sugar,
peel, cinnamon, mace and currents. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring until thickened.
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- In small saucepan, combine water and butter. Heat on low flame until 120 degrees
F. Gradually add to dry ingredients. Beat 2 minutes.
- Beat in egg, peel and 3/4 cup
flour. With mixer, beat 2 minutes.
- Add remaining flour, stir in. Cover; let rest
- Grease 2 baking sheets. Place half the dough on well floured work surface; roll
to 14 x12 inches. Place on sheet. Spread 1/2 filling lengthwise down center of the
dough. Starting about 3/4-inch for filling, cut 1-inch wide strips diagonally from
filling to edges of dough. Alternately fold opposite strips of dough at angles across
filling. Fold ends over filling.
- Brush large piece of wax paper with vegetable oil. Loosely cover sheet. Top with
plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Uncover; let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine remaining ingredients for topping. Sprinkle over loaves.
- Bake 30 to 35
minutes until lightly browned. Remove from sheet. Cool.
Posted by Jaci at Recipe Goldmine 10/2/2001 5:08 pm.
Source: TSR Clone Board cheri059 Member posted 06-19-2001 06:55 PM