V-8 Vegetable Juice
- 15 pounds fully ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 large
- 3 cloves garlic, minced/mashed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar,
or to taste
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons prepared
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Over medium high heat bring the vegetables to a boil and boil gently for about
- In a covered blender (food processor) and a portion at a time process until smooth.
Strain and discard pulp.
- Add seasonings and bring to just under boiling if canning, or chill and freeze.
Yields about 6 quarts.
Source: Sunset magazine - 1974