Hot Popper Dip
If you love deep fried hot jalapeno poppers, you will love this dip. It has all
the great spicy flavors of hot poppers, but no stuffing, no frying. This comes together
in a snap, and can be heated in the oven or in the microwave. Be sure to soften
the cream cheese first to ensure a smooth dip, and easy mixing.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 to 3 fresh jalapeños, for roasting
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced chiles, drained but not rinsed
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños, chopped fine
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs for topping
- Heat your oven's broiler, and set the rack about 6 inches below the element
(a toaster oven is great for this) to roast your peppers. Lay the peppers out
on baking sheet leaving some room between them.
- Rub a little vegetable oil on the peppers and place under the broiler. You
will need to keep a close eye on them.
- When the peppers begin to blacken pull the tray out and turn the peppers.
Return to the broiler, repeating until the peppers are nicely blacked all over
- Remove the peppers from the tray and immediately place them in a zip top
bag and seal. Leave them to cool for about 8-10 minutes. This step is essential
to loosening the skin on the peppers.
- After the peppers are cool enough to handle, remove them from the bag and
using a paring knife peel away the blackened skin.
- Remove the stem and seeds, and finely chop the peppers. If you have sensitive
skin, wearing gloves is a good idea for this step. Be careful to wash your hands
before touching your face, eyes etc. Peppers can be refrigerated overnight at
this point, but it is not necessary.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, or in your stand mixer, blend the cream cheese,
mayonnaise, and half of the grated cheese until smooth.
- Stir in the diced chilies, pickled jalapenos and roasted jalapenos. Spread
into a 9" glass or ceramic pie plate, or casserole dish.
- Toss the remaining cheese with the Panko, and sprinkle evenly over the surface
of the dip.
- Bake until heated through, about 20-30 minutes OR microwave for 3-5 minutes until hot.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips or cheddar cheese crackers.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
King Arthur Flour - kingarthurflour.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> New Year Recipes