Sweet and Spicy Nuts
Your guests will enjoy munching on this sweet nut mixture, spiced with cinnamon,
allspice, nutmeg and pepper.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Allspice, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups mixed nuts, such as almonds, cashews, peanuts and pecans
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, allspice, seasoned salt, pepper and nutmeg in small
bowl until well blended.
- Beat egg white in large bowl until foamy.
- Add nuts; toss to coat well.
- Add spice mixture; toss to coat nuts evenly.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring once.
- Cool slightly and break apart.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Makes 3 1/3 cups or 18 (3-tablespoon) servings
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 1 hr
Nutrition Information: per serving: Calories: 169 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates:
9 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 137 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 4 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):