This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Pina Colada Dessert Squares
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 2 egg yolks, mixed with 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cans crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoon Sweet 'N Low
- 1 cup coconut
- Mix all ingredients in layer 1 together and press into a greased
9 x 13-inch pan; set aside.
- Cook ingredients in layer 2 together until thick and glossy.
- Place the pineapple mixture over the crumb mixture (layer 1).
- Whip egg whites in layer 3 until very stiff with cream of tartar.
- Add remaining ingredients. Spread this mixture very gently over
the pineapple layer.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 1
hour or until lightly browned.
- Cut into squares.