- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) package gingerbread cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 4 (1 ounce) packages sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (12 ounce) container reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water and egg; mix well. Pour
into an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center
comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- When completely cooled, crumble cake. Set aside 1/4 cup crumbs for garnish.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes together for 2 minutes or
until slightly thickened.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set.
- Stir in pumpkin and spices; mix well.
- In a trifle bowl or a 3-1/2 quart glass serving bowl, layer a fourth
of the cake crumbs, half of the pumpkin mixture, a fourth of the
cake crumbs, and half of the whipped topping.
- Repeat layers. Garnish with the reserved cake crumbs.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Yield: 18 servings
Nutritional Analysis (3/4 cup per serving): Calories: 194 Fat:
6 g (3 g saturated fat) Cholesterol: 13 mg Sodium: 451 mg Carbohydrate:
31 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 4 g
Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch, 1 fat