This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Rocky Road Pudding
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar substitute, cocoa, cornstarch
and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high
heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg
yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle
boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Gently stir in vanilla extract.
- Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to individual dessert dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, top with marshmallows and walnuts.
Yield: 5 servings.
This recipe was tested with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener.