This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Sugar-Free Chocolate Flavored Syrup
- 1/2 cup dry cocoa, firmly packed
- 1 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Artificial sweetener to substitute for 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Blend and press into 9-inch pie pan, set aside.
- Mix cocoa, water and salt in a heavy saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil,
simmer gently, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add artificial sweetener and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Pour into a jar, cover and store in refrigerator.
- Stir well in jar before measuring to use.