Grilled Pineapple with Nutella
- 2 pineapples, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices and core removed
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped
- Prepare the outdoor barbecue to medium-high heat. If you do not have a barbecue,
you can use an indoor grill pan set to medium high heat. Lightly oil the grill.
Grill the pineapple slices until heated through and beginning to brown, about 3
minutes per side. It's important to leave the pineapples on the grill, untouched
so that you can create the grill marks.
- While the pineapples are cooking, whisk
the mascarpone and vanilla in a small bowl to blend. Set aside.
- Combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Place in a microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds to blend
well. Alternatively, you can combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in
a small saucepan, set over low heat, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Heat until satiny smooth and easy to pour, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pineapple slices to a large platter. Drizzle the warm chocolate-hazelnut
- Dollop the mascarpone mixture atop. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and serve.
10 to 12 servings
Source: Giada De Laurentiis - Everyday Italian