Nutella Banana Stuffed French Toast
- 4 slices day-old white bread
- 1 or 2 ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
- Honey, for drizzling
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Butter for frying
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Remove crust from bread. Lay bread on counter and spread a thin layer of Nutella
on each slice. Slice enough banana to cover two of the slices of bread. Drizzle
a small amount of honey on the other two pieces of bread. Place honey-drizzled pieces
of bread on top of the banana slices, honey side down, to make two sandwiches.
- In a shallow bowl, gently whip, by hand, the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, rum,
cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Heat skillet to medium heat, around 350 degrees F. Add butter. When the butter
begins to sizzle, dip one sandwich at a time into batter and place into skillet.
Cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Cut each sandwich in half diagonally and place decoratively on plate. Top with
confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- Serve with your favorite syrup.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Nutella Recipes