Nutella Linzer Cookies
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 cups blanched hazelnuts, toasted and cooled*
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons Nutella
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Grind the hazelnuts, cornstarch and salt in a food processor for 30 seconds or until finely ground. Add the eggs and 6 tablespoons Nutella and pulse until the mixture comes together. Pat the dough into a circle, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out each piece between 2 sheets of parchment or wax paper to 1/4 inch thickness (or 8 x 10 inches). Using a 2 inch fluted cookie cutter, cut out 12 cookies per piece. On one baking sheet, using a 1 inch cookie cutter, cut into the center of each cookie and remove that cutout leaving a hole for the jam. Transfer the cookies to a fresh parchment paper or aluminum foil-lined
baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Spread the cookies without the holes (these are the bottoms) with 1 teaspoon of Nutella, then 1 teaspoon raspberry jam. Sift confectioners' sugar over the cookies with the holes and place them on top of the bottoms, creating 12 delicious sandwich cookies.
* To toast the hazelnuts, heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spread the hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Allow the nuts to cool completely before handling.
Source: Nutella recipe pamphlet