Nutella Nutty Shredded Wheat
Yield: 24 servings, 1 piece each
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 6 large shredded wheat biscuits, broken up
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Boil Nutella, butter, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, and water for 5 minutes.
- Put remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour the Nutella mixture over it, tossing to coat completely. Spread in a thin layer on a greased sheet pan lined with foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until caramelized.
- Cool completely and break into small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
Source: Nutella recipe booklet