Nutella Oatmeal with Strawberries and Cream
Yield: 2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed, coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons shaved dark chocolate
- In a blender, whip the cream until it begins to thicken.
- Stir in the milk and set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the oats, water, vanilla extract and salt. Cover and bring to a boil. then reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally until the oatmeal is creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the Nutella.
- Divide the oatmeal among 4 bowls, sprinkle the strawberries over the top, followed by a little cream, hazelnuts and shaved chocolate.
- Serve remaining cream in a pitcher alongside the oatmeal.