Nutella Pinwheel Cookies
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup sifted flour
- 1/4 cup Nutella
tablespoons hazelnuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until creamy. Mix in egg yolk and vanilla extract
until well combined. Stir in the sifted flour. Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes
to help firm it up for rolling later.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll into a rectangle about 1/4-inch thick.
Spread Nutella on top of dough, leaving on finger width around all the edges. Sprinkle
with toasted hazelnuts. Roll dough into a log and return to refrigerator for 15
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut slices from dough and place on an ungreased baking
- Bake for 10 minutes. If you have cut thicker rounds, you will need to bake them
longer. Watch for the edges to begin to color and remove from oven.
- Cool one minute
on pan and transfer to cooling rack.
* Use plain dental floss to cut the cookies so that the pinwheel design is not
Makes about 30 cookies.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Nutella Recipes