Nutella Rice Pudding
Yield: 12 servings
- 6 cups low-fat milk, divided
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 small cinnamon sticks or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup arborio rice (do not substitute or pudding will not thicken)
- 1 cup dried sour cherries or dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 13 inch glass or metal (not aluminum) pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Over medium heat, whisk together 4 cups milk and the Nutella in a heavy-bottom 4 quart saucepan. Add cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil. Stir in rice and sour cherries or cranberries and transfer to prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add remaining milk, combining well, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer, stirring every 8 to 10 minutes, or until pudding has thickened and rice is soft.
- Remove cinnamon sticks if using and cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or cover and refrigerate.
- If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon-dusted whipped cream.