Nutella Spiced Sugar Cookies
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 12 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground black
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, sifted
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar with a hand mixer on
high speed for two minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat for one minute.
Stir in the remaining dry ingredients on low speed just until combined. Divide the
dough in half and press each piece into a disk.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap
and refrigerate until firm, about one hour.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out each piece on wax paper to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut out desired shapes (bats, pumpkins, headstones) and bake on a cookie sheet for
- Cool completely.
- Make the Glaze: Heat Nutella, milk and confectioners' sugar in a small pot
over low heat until combined and slightly warm. Spread each cookie with the glaze
and decorate as desired with jimmies, sprinkles, mini chips or Halloween candy.
- Allow to set on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
Makes 24 cookies
These cookies can be baked ahead of time and frozen, unglazed, for up to 6 weeks,
if stored in an airtight container.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories: 210; Protein: 2g; Carbohydrates:
22g; Fat: 12g; Cholesterol: 20mg; Sodium: 100mg
Source: used with permission of ARA Content, ARAcontent.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Nutella Recipes