Caramelized Nuts with Honey and Chile Piquin
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cups mixed nuts, plain
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chile piquín or cayenne pepper, powdered
- Heat honey and butter in a pot over low flame, stirring with a spatula until blended. For best results, use a thick-based pot so that the heat distributes evenly.
- Add the chile piquín and the salt.
- Add nuts into pot, stirring every so often to make sure that the honey covers them completely. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure to leave enough space between them so that they don’t stick together. Let stand until cool.
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees F and bake the nuts for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let stand until cool before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe courtesy of Coral Bosch, Event Planner and Founder of Zikei Event Design.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board