- 3/8 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 cups walnuts
- Salt (optional)
- Heat oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a heavy deep skillet, combine all ingredients except nuts and salt, and
place over medium heat. When oil is hot (do not let burn), add nuts and stir
until well coated.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer nuts to a shallow ungreased baking pan and
place on top rack of oven.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until nuts are crisp.
- If using salt, sprinkle hot nuts and place on wire rack.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in a tightly covered container.
Makes 3 cups.
These keep well in a cool dry place for up to a month.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Nut and Seed Recipes