Curried Tropical Nut Mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 cups salted cashew halves
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dried mango, coarsely chopped
- In a 3-quart microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, olive oil, curry powder,
cumin and cayenne. Cover loosely with a paper towel to avoid splatter, and microwave
on high for 30 seconds, or until butter is nearly melted.
- Whisk the spices and butter together.
- Add the almonds, cashews, peanuts and coconut to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes. Stir well, then microwave again,
stirring every 2 minutes, until the nuts and coconut are lightly browned and fragrant,
4 to 6 minutes depending on the wattage of the microwave. Stir in the chopped mango.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes about 7 cups.
Approximate nutritional values (per 3 tablespoon serving): 117 calories;
86 calories from fat (74 percent of total calories); 10 g fat (2 g saturated; 0
trans fats); 1 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrate; 4 g protein; 1 g fiber; 54 mg sodium
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Nut and Seed Recipes