Festive Peppered Pecans
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup pecans or walnut halves
- Have ready a large baking sheet
- In a small bowl combine sugar, salt and black and red peppers.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pecans; cook and stir until
hot, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium; sprinkle pecans with half of the reserved sugar and
pepper mixture; cook and stir until sugar melts, about 30 seconds.
- Add remaining sugar and pepper mixture; cook and stir until sugar melts
and coats nuts, about 40 seconds.
- Place nuts on baking sheet; cool slightly and separate.
- Store in a tightly covered container.
Yield: 1 heaping cup