‘Tis the season. Flavor pecans with gingerbread spice, then toast for a festive snack.
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons gingerbread spice blend
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set
- In a large bowl, whisk beaten egg with a fork until frothy.
- Add pecans and stir until coated.
- Sprinkle pecans with granulated sugar, brown sugar, gingerbread spice,
and salt. Stir to coat evenly.
- Spread pecans in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake pecans for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Allow pecans to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Yield: 2 cups
Nutrition facts: Calories 260 Fat 24 Sat Fat 2 Sodium 35 Carbs 13 Fiber 3
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Pecan Council