Hot Peanuts (Cacahuates con Chile)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup pequin chiles
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups raw Spanish peanuts, shelled
- Place the oil, chiles and garlic in a small saucepan and warm over low heat
for 3 minutes. Do not allow the mixture to come to the simmering point.
- Blend the mixture for 2 minutes and let it stand for 1 hour.
- Blend again for 1 minute, then strain the mixture into a small container.
- Toss the peanuts with 2 teaspoons of the flavored oil until they are well
coated; place them in a large cast iron skillet.
- Place the skillet with the peanuts into an oven preheated to 300 degrees
F and roast them, stirring every 5 minutes, for a total of about 30 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Salt peanuts to taste, then serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Nut and Seed Recipes