- 4 cups lightly toasted shelled peanuts*
- 1 tablespoon chile oil (if you want them really hot) or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sweet or hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the peanuts and oil in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss again to coat evenly.
- Transfer the nuts to the prepared sheet, place in the oven and bake for
- Remove from the oven, immediately loosen the nuts with a metal spatula,
and set aside to cool before serving.
Makes 4 cups.
* To toast nuts, place in a single layer on a baking sheet or pan and bake
at 350 degrees F 15 to 20 minutes, stirring once or twice.