Mexican Hot Chocolate Roasted Pecans
Roasted pecans with a little spice and a hint of chocolate.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (0.73 ounce) envelopes Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground allspice
- 1 egg white
- 3 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray; set
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cocoa mix and spices.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg until white and frothy.
- Fold in the
pecans and stir until coated with egg white.
- Add the spice mixture to the pecans
and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread pecans in a single layer onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring
every 15 minutes, until pecans are dry to the touch.
Yield: 14 servings | Prep time: 15 min. | Total time: 75 min.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 227
Reprinted with permission from
Conagra Brands, Inc.