Orange Candied Nuts
- 3 cups pecan or walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup
granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Place pecans in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 250 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add 1/4 cup of the sugar, corn syrup, orange rind, juice and lemon rind, stirring
well. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, without
stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Pour syrup over pecans, stirring gently to coat well.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Spread onto greased baking sheets.
- Separate pecans with a fork.
- Let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yields 3 cups.