- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned
salt, such as Lawry's
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place the butter in a 2-cup microwave-safe container and cover it with a
paper towel. Microwave 1 minute, on HIGH, or until melted.
- Meanwhile, place the pecans in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Remove the butter from the microwave and stir in the garlic, hot pepper
sauce and seasoned salt.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the pecans, and stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until the pecans are crisp, stirring every
- Remove the pecans from the oven, and let cool to room temperature.
- Store in airtight containers, gift tins or zip-type bags at room temperature
for up to 1 month.
Makes 3 cups.
Approximate values per 2-tablespoon serving: 106 calories (89 percent from
fat), 11 g fat (1.7 g saturated), 3.8 mg cholesterol, 1.3 g protein, 1.9 g carbohydrates,
1.3 g dietary fiber, 45 mg sodium