Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
The secret to making good roasted pumpkin seeds is to simmer the seeds with plenty of salt. The salt permeates the shells without your having to actually salt the shells.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Unsalted butter, melted, or olive oil
- Vegetable spray
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse seeds well, making sure every bit of pumpkin is removd. For every 2 cups of seeds, put 4 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of salt into a saucepan.
- Add seeds and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Drain seeds well in strainer.
- Place on paper towels and pat dry.
- Toss the dry seeds with melted butter or olive oil in a large bowl until evenly coated.
- Spray cookie sheet with vegetable spray.
- Spread seeds over cookie and bake for 30 minutes, stirring and tossing occasionally.
When seeds are golden brown, they are ready.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Photo credit: jaxzin on Visual Hunt / CC BY