Salty Glazed Hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups whole hazelnuts, toasted* (about
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add the toasted hazelnuts and stir, about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and salt; stir another 8 to 10 minutes or until sugar caramelizes
over the hazelnuts.
- Remove from heat.
Yield: about 2 cups
* To toast hazelnuts, spread the shelled nuts in a shallow pan and roast at 275
degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes or until the skins crack. To remove skins, rub warm
nuts with a rough cloth.