Savory Cocktail Almonds
- 1/2 cup whole almonds (with or without skins)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Seasonings (as follows)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/16 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning (or use
1/4 teaspoon each of salt, celery salt and onion salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon each of thyme, marjoram and savory
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Combine almonds and butter in saucepan or skillet; sauté over low heat for
about 5 minutes or until roasted, stirring often.
- Lift nuts with fork or slotted spoon and drop into bowl that has one of
the seasonings mixtures; toss well.
- If you want almonds that are more crisp, turn seasoned almonds onto cookie
sheet and place in 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Store in closed jar to keep fresh.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine April 27, 2001.