Sherried Cinnamon Nuts
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon
grated orange peel (orange part only)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3
cups lightly toasted* walnuts or hazelnuts (whole or halved)
- In saucepan, combine sugar, sherry and salt. Bring to boil and cook, stirring
often, until mixture reaches 240 degrees F on candy thermometer (soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat; stir in orange peel, cinnamon and nuts. Stir until syrup
is cloudy and nuts are thoroughly coated.
- Turn out onto wax paper and quickly separate nuts into single pieces or
Will keep for a few days at room temperature, 3 weeks refrigerated or 6 months
* To toast nuts, heat in a dry skillet over medium heat until they start to brown.
Stir occasionally. Be careful not to scorch them.