Sour Cream Sugared Nuts
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces pecans or walnuts
- Combine sugar and sour cream. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins
to bubble (223 degrees F).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in nuts and vanilla extract. Stir rapidly until mixture has sugar coated
- Spread on tray or wax paper. Separate nuts.
In a 2-quart glass casserole, combine sour cream and
Cook on HIGH for 7 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
Combine with nuts and
vanilla extract and stir as directed in conventional oven directions.