Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups walnut halves
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites and water until frothy.
- Add nuts; stir gently to coat.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread into two greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 300 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly
browned, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 8 cups