Turkish Spiced Walnuts
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 6 green onions, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2
teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound Diamond Walnut Halves, shelled
- Warm oil in medium sauté pan over medium heat.
- While stirring, add onions and garlic.
- Then add cumin, cinnamon, sugar, salt, allspice, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
Cook and stir until fragrant.
- Pour in water and bring to a boil. Immediately add walnuts and stir until they
are completely coated.
- Increase heat and continue cooking until all the water has evaporated and the
walnuts are dry.
- Remove from heat and spread onto baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper
and allow to cool.
Makes 8 (1/2 cup) servings.
For an extra flavor, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and add to your favorite
salad or sprinkle over Asian noodles.
Posted by Joyce'S at Recipe Goldmine 9/25/2001 7:27 am.