Barbecue Chicken and Cheddar Dinner
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 2 small unpeeled red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place a 12-inch square foil sheet on a work surface. Spoon about 1 teaspoon
of the barbecue sauce in the center of the foil.
- Place one chicken breast half over barbeque sauce and spread another teaspoon
of sauce over chicken.
- Top with quarter of the potato, bell pepper and onion.
- Sprinkle with a little of the salt and pepper.
- Fold foil in half to cover contents; make narrow folds along edges to seal.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to assemble three more packets.
- Place the four packets on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Open foil packets with scissors and carefully pull back edges as contents
may be very hot.
- Sprinkle a quarter of the cheese over the top of each chicken breast and
return to oven, unsealed for two minutes or until cheese is melted.
- With a spatula, transfer the contents of each packet onto individual serving
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.