Caribbean Shrimp and Mushroom Packets
- 1 pound (about 5 cups) white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup couscous (uncooked)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean or Jamaican jerk seasoning blend*
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ears corn, husked and halved
* Jerk seasoning is available in most supermarket spice sections. If unavailable,
substitute 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon each time, allspice and ground red
- Heat outdoor grill or oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a work surface place 4 sheets (each about 20 inches long) of heavy duty
or doubled aluminum foil.
- In the center of each piece of foil arrange a generous 1/2 cup mushrooms,
overlapping slightly; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons couscous.
- Top each with onion, red bell pepper, shrimp and wine, dividing evenly.
- Dot each with 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon jerk seasoning
blend and 1/4 teaspoon garlic.
- Sprinkle an equal amount of salt over each portion.
- Arrange remaining mushrooms over shrimp, overlapping slightly; place 1/2
an ear of corn on the side.
- Bring long sides of foil together over mixture, allowing space for heat
circulation and expansion; fold to seal. Fold up short ends; crimp to seal.
- Place on outdoor grill or in oven, about 5 inches from heat. Cook until
shrimp are done (on the grill for about 15 minutes, turning once, or in the oven for about 20 minutes).
- Place in individual shallow serving bowls; carefully unfold foil; serve.
Yield: 4 packets
Recipe and photo used with permission from: MushroomInfo.com
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.