Caribbean Shrimp and Mushroom Packets
- 1 pound (about 5 cups) white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup couscous (uncooked)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean or Jamaican jerk seasoning blend*
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ears of corn, husked and halved
- Heat outdoor grill or oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a work surface place 4 sheets (each about 20 inches long) of heavy duty
or doubled aluminum foil.
- In the center of each piece of foil arrange a generous 1/2 cup mushrooms,
overlapping slightly; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons couscous.
- Top each with onion, red bell pepper, shrimp and wine, dividing evenly.
- Dot each with 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon jerk seasoning
blend and 1/4 teaspoon garlic.
- Sprinkle an equal amount of salt over each portion.
- Arrange remaining mushrooms over shrimp, overlapping slightly; place 1/2
an ear of corn on the side.
- Bring long sides of foil together over mixture, allowing space for heat
circulation and expansion; fold to seal. Fold up short ends; crimp to seal.
- Place on outdoor grill or in oven, about 5 inches from heat. Cook until
shrimp are done (on the grill for about 15 minutes, turning once, or in the
oven for about 20 minutes).
- Place in individual shallow serving bowls; carefully unfold foil; serve.
Yield: 4 packets
* Jerk seasoning is available in most supermarket spice sections. If unavailable,
substitute 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon each time, allspice and ground red
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): MushroomInfo.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Packet Recipes