Caribbean Shrimp Packets
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 1/2 pounds medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- 4 sheets heavy duty aluminum foil
- Heat grill to medium-high or oven to 450 degrees F.
- Center one-fourth of pineapple chunks on each sheet of aluminum foil. Arrange
shrimp in an even layer over pineapple.
- Combine peppers, ginger and seasoning; sprinkle over shrimp.
- Top with butter and brown sugar.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room
for heat circulation inside.
- Repeat to make four packets.
- Grill 8 to 10 minutes in covered grill or bake 12 to 14 minutes on a cookie
sheet in oven.
- Serve over rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: The Reynolds Kitchens
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.