Caribbean Shrimp Packets
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 1/2 pounds medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- 4 sheets heavy duty aluminum foil
- Heat grill to medium-high or oven to 450 degrees F.
- Center one-fourth of pineapple chunks on each sheet of aluminum foil. Arrange
shrimp in an even layer over pineapple.
- Combine peppers, ginger and seasoning; sprinkle over shrimp.
- Top with butter and brown sugar.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room
for heat circulation inside.
- Repeat to make four packets.
- Grill 8 to 10 minutes in covered grill or bake 12 to 14 minutes on a cookie
sheet in oven.
- Serve over rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: The Reynolds Kitchens
Disclaimer: For health reasons, we do not encourage cooking in aluminum foil. We suggest either parchment baking paper or, if grilling, natural cedar wraps.